By making any form of purchase or agreeing with Website Design Derby Ltd to carry out services on your behalf, you confirm that you are in agreement with Website Design Derby Ltd and bound by the terms and conditions below:
The Customer: The company, business, entity, individual or similar requesting the services of Website Design Derby Ltd.
Website Design Derby Ltd (Company number: 11008379): The Website Design Derby Ltd website, office, owner, employees, affiliates or similar, hereafter referred to as WDD.
IMPORTANT: Any service, including but not limited to, domain name(s), hosting, SSL(s), email, software, provided by WDD, not paid for before their renewal date will NOT be renewed until payment is received!
WDD will carry out work only where an agreement is entered either by email, telephone, mail, fax or in person.
WDD will carry out work only for clients who are 18 years of age or above.
An ‘order’ is deemed to be a written or a verbal contract between WDD and the customer; this includes telephone and email agreements.
1. The hosting facility will remain the property of WDD.
2. Domain name(s) or email address(s) not provided by WDD are the responsibility of the Customer. The Customer is responsible for compatibility of these with WDD servers.
3. Domain name(s) provided by WDD may be auto-suspended by our supplier close to, on or shortly after the expiry date. Where possible WDD will contact the Customer close to the domain name expiry date, if continuation payment has not been received, to try and avoid this situation.
4. No artwork, graphic design, photography or logo design is included unless agreed separately.
5. Content solutions may be provided by third party suppliers with approval of, or at the request of the Customer. WDD are not responsible or liable for any problems that these solutions may cause.
7. Whilst WDD provides high end hosting no guarantees can be made as to the availability of this service. WDD cannot accept liability for losses caused by the unavailability, malfunction or interruption of this service, or for loss of turnover, sales, revenue, profits or indirect, consequential or special loss. WDD shall use its reasonable endeavours to make the server and the services available to the Customer 100% of the time but because the services are provided by means of computer and telecommunications systems, WDD makes no warranties or representations that the service will be uninterrupted or error-free and WDD shall not, in any event, be liable for interruptions of service or downtime of the server.
8. WDD reserve the right to refuse to handle in any way material which may be deemed offensive, illegal or in any way controversial and also to terminate any service and share information with law enforcement agencies should the necessity arise.
9. All services provided by WDD may only be used for lawful purposes. The laws of the United Kingdom apply.
10. Any illegal use of our websites, hosting, email or domains will result in the immediate termination of your account. In addition we reserve the right to share your personal details to any law enforcement agency where any laws are broken or any investigation is required.
11. Any technical issues caused by the customer will be rectified (if possible) at our standard developer’s rate.
12. WDD reserves the right to change any aspect of website publicity.
13. The Customer is responsible for the accuracy, legality & any copyright/trademark disputes that may occur relating to their website.
14. It is the Customer’s responsibility to provide all the necessary information in a suitable format for the production of the website.
15. Any alterations to the website by the Customer may not be backed up and the Customer should keep relevant copies of any changes made.
16. If a website, hosting or email account is hacked/disrupted by a third party through no fault of WDD, WDD will endeavour to resolve the issue on behalf of the Customer but there may be charges applied for this service.
17. WDD is not responsible for any loss of Customer data.
18. Late or non-payment of any fee(s) charged by WDD may result in the loss or cancellation of your website, hosting, email or domain name(s). Domain names not paid for prior to their renewal date are automatically suspended by our domain name supplier. This means that your website and email may stop working until the domain name(s) are paid for. Additionally, domain names not paid for within the time limits may be lost, purchased by third parties or incur additional charges to get the domain name(s) back.
19. All new website designs, hosting/email accounts and domain names are for a 12 (twelve) month minimum term contract. Following this initial 12 month period the Customer is free to cancel their services with WDD and likewise WDD is free to cancel our service to the Customer in one of the following ways:
a. Accounts charged monthly require one months written notice, by either party, to terminate the agreement.
b. Accounts charged yearly require one months written notice, by either party, to terminate the agreement. If the agreement is cancelled by the Customer no refund will be issued for unused website services, hosting or domain name(s). If the agreement is cancelled by WDD a pro-rata refund will be issued to the Customer for unused website services, hosting or domain name(s).
20. The Customer agrees to indemnify and hold WDD, its employees and agents harmless from and against all liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against WDD arising out of any breach by the Customer of the terms of this agreement or other liabilities arising out of or relating to the Website.
21. The entire liability of WDD to the Customer in respect of any claim whatsoever or breach of this agreement, whether or not arising out of negligence, shall be limited to the charges paid for the services under this agreement in respect of which the breach has arisen.
22. In no event shall WDD be liable to the Customer for any loss of business, loss of opportunity or loss of profits or for any other indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever. This shall apply even where such a loss was reasonably foreseeable or WDD had been made aware of the possibility of the Customer incurring such a loss.
23. WDD carries out data backups for use by WDD in the event of systems failure. WDD do not provide data restoration facilities for individual customers. Even though every effort is made to ensure data is backed up correctly WDD accepts no responsibility for data loss or corruption.
24. Although every effort is made to provide Customers with high search engine rankings WDD is not responsible or liable for the search engine position of your website.
25. WDD will not allow Customers to ‘Spam’ (unsolicited email also known as junk mail or UCE Unsolicited Commercial Email). Customers sending any email in bulk (to more than a handful of recipients) to recipients, will be considered as a spammer, regardless of the contents of the email. WDD reserve the right to suspend any account suspected of ‘spamming’.
26. For website Customers WDD only provides email services in the form of POP. The POP email accounts have 400mb of storage and no back-up services are provided by WDD. IMAP is not provided, supported or backed-up in by WDD.
27. For Exchange mailbox Customers the email is provided with 30GB of storage.
28. Any amendments and/or changes to the website or email system at the request of the Customer must be requested and supplied via email.
29. Deposits are non-refundable once any work/service has commenced or any products have been purchased.
30. WDD issues renewal notices/invoices via email. It is the Customers responsibility to ensure that WDD has a current and working email address and that this can be used to receive these.
31. Changes to website content, server configuration, email system, or similar, made at the request of the Customer, will be done (if possible) as soon as possible (subject to existing workload & holidays) but no specific time frame is guaranteed or implied.
32. Websites found, or suspected to be, infected with malware, a virus, ransomware, trojans or any software intentionally designed to cause damage to a computer, server, client, or computer network, or similar will be immediately suspended and not unsuspended until the website is completely clean and all risks removed. Charges to fix infected websites will apply.
33. Customers moving over to Website Design Derby Ltd from another provider have no support for their website or email (unless stated otherwise) and no website or email backup system is provided, offered or implied. Additionally, email accounts that are not POP3 are no longer to be used and will not be backed up or supported in any way.
34. At the end of the initial Agreement Period, stated in the contract, unless otherwise agreed, the service provided by WDD to the customer changes to a ‘Pay as You Go’ model with a minimum cancellation period of 30 days to be given by either party to terminate the service/agreement. This cancellation notice needs to be delivered in writing or via email.
Last updated 29/10/2023.